A message from POWELL ELEMENTARY
Thank you for your patience during our carline as everyone learns our dismissal procedures. We have higher than usual number of children in carline this year. Our first concern is always the safety of our students. Secondly, we try to be good neighbors to our surrounding neighborhoods. Here are a few reminders concerning arrival and dismissal.
- Please do not park in Cochran’s Green or along Cochran’s Crossing to walk your child in. CISD Police and Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office will be patrolling to prevent this.
- Please display your carline sign with your child’s name written in bold marker on the passenger side dash or hanging from the rear view mirror.
- Please watch carline duty monitor for a signal to which number you should proceed. Do not stop when you see your child on the porch, proceed to your assigned number.
- Remain in your car during carline and allow staff to load or unload your child at the curb. Students may not enter a traffic lane to enter or exit a car.
- Cars should stay in carline and do not pass other cars in line. Children cannot be dismissed from the porch to a parent who walks up.
- If your child needs assistance with a car seat or seat belt, please pull into a front parking space to assist them after they have been loaded into the car.
We thank you so much for your cooperation in getting our children home safely. If you would like to consider CISD bus transportation, please visit the Transportation department website at https://www.conroeisd.net/transportation/ .
Lisa Garrison, Principal