Powell Weekly Bulletin
August 27- August 31, 2018
|Friday||August 24 Cookie Dough Fundraiser Kickoff
|Tuesday||Parent Information Night
3rd and 4th Grade 5:30 pm
PPCD and PreK, 1st, and 2nd Grade 6:30 pm
|Thursday||Powell Patriotic Shirt Day. Wear your Powell patriotic shirt or red, white and blue
|Powell Spirit Day. PURPLE OUT DAY AT POWELL! Wear a Powell or purple shirt|
Parent Information Night
Parent Information Night is Tuesday, August 28th. Parents are highly encouraged to attend.
3rd and 4th Grade 5:30 pm
PPCD and Pre-K, 1st, and 2nd Grade 6:30 pm
Field trip admissions and transportation
Classroom technology upgrades
Staff appreciation events
Online math and language art enrichment programs
Campus environmental beautification
New playground equipment and maintenance
Powell Panther yearbook publication
3rd and 4th grade in-line skating
Thank you for your patience as everyone learns our arrival and dismissal procedures. Our first concern is always the safety of our students. Here are a few reminders concerning arrival and dismissal.
- Please say goodbye to your child at the front door and allow students to walk to class themselves. Parents are not allowed on the front porch at arrival or dismissal time.
- Front Walker parents may meet their children at the corner of Cochrans Crossing and N. Cochrans Green Circle. A crossing guard will help them cross the street safely.
- Do not let students out in parking lot in the mornings. It is not safe for them to walk across our carline traffic.
- Do not park in Cochrans Green or along Cochrans Crossing. CISD Police and Montgomery County Sherriffs Office will be patrolling to prevent this. We strive to be god neighbors!
Tips for the Car Rider Line
- Write your childs name in bold black marker on the green car rider sign.
- Hang your sign from the rear view mirror with a clothes hanger.
- Pull up closely to the car in front of you.
- Do not stop to look for your child. We will bring your child to you.
- Do not get out of the car.
- Put your childs car seat on the passenger side. We will not walk around the car to place them on the drivers side.
- Teach your child to buckle up. If they need help with this, pull into a parking space.
- Do not hold up the line.
When you were growing up, where did you gain most of your information on difficult topics such as drugs and alcohol? Was it from your friends? Older siblings? Television? Your parents? When kids are uneasy about a topic, they may not look to their parents for information. In turn, they may seek answers elsewhere which may result in unreliable sources.
Come learn ways on how to open the lines of communication and talk to your kids from David Parmer MA. LPC. Mr. Parmer served as the CISD Crisis Counselor for 14 years, a grief and loss school specialist, trauma resolution therapist and runs his own practice as a licensed professional counselor here in The Woodlands. His presentations are informative and enlightening. We hope to see you there.
What: How to talk to your kids.
When: Thursday, September 14, 2017
Where: Coulson Tough Commons
For more informative parent workshops presented at CISD schools, please see the attached schedule.
Clinic Happenings from Nurse Jean
Friendly Reminders from Nurse Jean
- As a general rule, please remember to check your child for lice and nits (lice eggs) frequently.
- Accidents and spills happen often, please send an extra change of clothing (including socks and underwear) with your child in their backpack. This applies to all grade level students.
- Please remember any medication (including cough drops and Tylenol) must be brought to the clinic by a parent or guardian and checked in with clinic staff.
Please do not hesitate to call the clinic if you have any questions. Our direct number is 936-709-1709.
We had a WONDERFUL group of volunteers in the library last year, and we are excited about having another great year of help and support. Volunteers are essential to our library program because our librarian works alone without an aide. If you would like to volunteer in the Powell library, please fill out the online form using the following link.
Time slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Thank you!
Please sign up for a Parent Access account (PAC) if you have not done so already. This account will allow you to receive announcements, newsletters, safety information, absence and tardy notifications and other important updates. Throughput the year, you can log in to view grades, report cards, discipline records, cafeteria accounts and STAAR scores. If you registered for an account last year, you will not need to re-register for an account this year. To register, please visitÂ https://www.conroeisd.net/parents/
Volunteer Background Check
All volunteers in our school must complete the CISD Volunteer Background Check. This includes classroom readers, party volunteers, field trip chaperones and event volunteers. You can complete the free background check here.Â https://apps.conroeisd.net/volunteer/