- Students will be introduced to the current Bluebonnet Books at their weekly library visits.
- Students may check out one new Bluebonnet book at a time.
- Each student will have a Texas Bluebonnet Award tracking sheet to personally record the titles of the books he/ she has read.
- Students may read the book themselves or have a teacher, librarian, or parent read the book to or with them.
- The student’s teacher or parent should initial next to each title to verify that the student has successfully completed those books.
- As the students read 5, 10, 15, or 20 books, they may come to the library with their tracking sheet to pick up their Bluebonnet rewards. ***They must bring their tracking sheets with them in order to claim their prizes.***
- A Class Tracking Chart will be kept in the library, and will be marked as the student comes in to receive his/her prizes.
Rewards for Number of Bluebonnet Books Read:
5 books (from THIS years list) – Blue Party with certificate eligible to vote in January (due 1-18-17)
10 books (from ANY years list) – Bluebonnet pencil and book fair coupon (due 2-15-17)
15 books (from ANY years list) – Pizza party (due 4-7-17)
20 books (from ANY years list) – Bluebonnet Ice Cream Party & name on announcements (due 5-2-17)