A message from POWELL ELEMENTARY
We would like to thank you all for attendance at last night’s Meet the Teacher. We are anticipating a fabulous year at Powell Elementary and cannot wait to see our students tomorrow on the first day of school. We would like to take this time to give you a couple of reminders.
- Attendance on the first day of school is crucial. Any child who does not attend the first day of school will be unenrolled. If your child will be absent on the first day due to illness or extenuating circumstances, please contact the school at 936-709-1700 as soon as possible.
- Parents may walk their children to class for the first three days of school but are required to say goodbye at the front door beginning Monday. Lunch is not open to parent visitors until September 5 as our students acclimate to our lunchtime procedures.
- School hours are 8:05 a.m. to 3:10 p.m. After the 6th tardy each grading period, a discipline referral will be generated. We will begin recording tardies September 5th.
- Powell dress code is strictly enforced. Hair must be a natural color. No inappropriate slogans or phrases on tee shirts. Shorts and skirts must be an appropriate mid-thigh length. No make-up is permitted on students. Tank tops must have straps that are two fingers wide, no spaghetti straps.
- Any student enrolled before July 25 should have received a link to access the Infosnap system to validate information for your child. If you have not completed this process for each student you have attending a CISD school, please do so as soon as possible.
- Please register for a Parent Access Center account for your child. This account will allow you to receive announcements, newsletters, safety information, absence and tardy notifications and other important updates. Throughput the year, you can log in to view grades, report cards, discipline records, cafeteria accounts and STAAR scores. If you registered for an account last year, you will not need to re-register for an account this year. To register, please visit https://www.conroeisd.net/parents/
- Follow us on Twitter @PowellCISD to see the amazing things going on in our classrooms and to see important updates.
- Rainy Day Dismissal will be sent via Twitter at 2:55. (please follow us on Twitter!) If your child walks to Cochran’s Green, you may pick up your child at the front of the school at the far-right doors. If your child walks to Capstone, you may pick up your child at the outside doors by the structured play area, across from the art roomÂ Walker/Biker students who are not picked up will be placed in the car rider line at 3:15. Please note that our weather changes drastically in a matter on minutes. Principals use their judgement in favor of student safety…be patient when the weather changes.
- Our Parent Teacher Organization is a vital part of our school, please consider joining! PTO is for all parents; working and/or stay-at-home moms and dads. It provides many avenues to volunteer, participate, and to be involved in our school. Join the PTO at powellpto.com.
- Please refer to the 2017-2018 Powell Handbook Addendum that can be found on the Powell website for more information on dress code, birthday celebrations, schedules, transportation changes and attendance. The Powell website is powell.conroeisd.net.
- We will be opening a webstore for students who did not purchase patriotic shirts at Meet the Teacher. These shirts can be worn on Patriotic Thursdays. The webstore will be open until August 25. Please use the following link if you would like to purchase a shirt: https://webbsuniforms.com/powellstudents